This Creamy Berry Jello Recipe creates a very pleasant and refreshing fruit salad recipe for dessert. The combination of the sweet berry with the subtle tartness of the lemon are most refreshing after a meal.
You can vary the berry types to what is in season or you can use frozen berries instead in this simple salad recipe.
You can also change the jello flavour to a different one if you prefer.
Note that a different
flavour will produce a different colour of the creamed portion.
I have made these in wine glasses so you can see the berry types but you can also make this simple fruit jello recipe in a mold.
1. Sort, wash and drain all the berries. Discard any rotten or "bad" ones.
2. In a medium sized bowl, dissolve both jello powders in the boiling water until completely dissolved.
3. Add ice cubes and stir until the liquid begins to thicken - remove any ice cube pieces left over.
4. Divide the berries evenly among 4 wine glasses.
5. Pour the jello over the berries, just until the fruit begins to float, about half of the glass full, or a bit more.
6. Mix the Cool Whip with the remainder of the jello with a wire whisk until completely smooth and creamy.
7. Place the wine glasses in the refrigerator to "set"
8. Place the bowl of creamy jello in the refrigerator to stiffen.
9. After about 2 hours (depending on the temperature of your refrigerator) you can spoon the stiffened creamy jello on top of the "set" jello in the wine glasses. Divide it evenly among the 4 glasses.
10. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Yield: Serves 4 large wine glasses
1. You can vary the jello flavour and the fruit. Orange flavoured jello works well with orange segments or strawberry jello with strawberries and blueberries.
2. You can use frozen fruit also, just thaw first and measure about 2 cups (500 ml) of thawed fruit.
3. If you are doing this in a mold - unmold the set jello and spoon the creamy jello over the top and spread it with a knife, like you would with icing.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.