A Crab Louie Salad Recipe is very easy to prepare - just because it's famous doesn't mean that it's difficult. You can prepare the Crab Louie dressing below or you can choose a bottled variety.
This simple Crab Louie recipe originated from the western coast of United
States, using the Dungeness Crab. It can however be made with any type
of crab meat, including canned crab.
Over the years various versions of this easy Crab Louie seafood recipe have appeared. I have provided as close to the original as I could find.
Feel free to omit some ingredients or substitute your favourites.
The dressing recipe is very similar to Thousand Island which was quite popular back then - so you could use the bottled type if you are in a hurry.
This dinner salad recipe is a complete and very filling meal. Serve some sliced French baguette alongside or some fresh dinner rolls.
Crab Louie Dressing Ingredients:
• 1 cup (240 ml) mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) chili sauce OR ketchup
• 1/4 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) onion – grated
• 1 tsp (5 ml) sweet pickle relish
• 1 tsp (5 ml) green pepper – minced
• Salt & pepper to taste
Crab Louie Salad Ingredients:
• 1 head romaine lettuce - chopped
• 8 - 12 oz (240 – 360 ml) crab meat
• 1 cucumber – peeled & sliced
• 3 tomatoes – cut into wedges
• 2 hard boiled eggs
• ½ lb (225 g) asparagus – cooked (optional)
1. Prepare the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl – cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Prepare all the vegetables and peel and quarter the hard boiled eggs.
3. Cube up the crab meat.
4. Make a bed of the chopped lettuce on 4 plates. Place 1/4 of the crab meat in the center, and arrange the other vegetables and the egg quarters around the edges.
5. Drizzle with the dressing or serve the dressing alongside and let everyone help themselves.
6. Serve with a fresh dinner roll or slices of French baguette.
Recipe Yield: This Crab Louie Salad serves 4
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.