This Crab Deviled Eggs Recipe can be made with real or imitation crab meat. I prefer to mince the crab meat for this recipe, so that it is very fine and therefore more evenly distributed. Some People prefer to have it a bit more chunky. Whichever way you choose to do it - it will still taste great.
For this particular recipe photo, I used real crab meat left-over from a seafood feast that we had. I shredded it by hand and then minced it with a sharp knife.
Deviled Eggs Recipe Ingredients:
• 6 large eggs - hard boiled
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) mustard
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) minced crab meat
• 3 drops of lemon juice
• paprika for garnish
1. Crack the shells on the eggs and remove them.
2. Use a sharp knife and cut the eggs in half - lengthwise.
3. Take out the yolks carefully and put them into a small bowl. Put the whites on a plate.
4. To make the deviled eggs part - add the mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice to the bowl and using a fork mix and mash the egg yolks.
5. Add the crab meat and mix well.
6. Taste test the crab recipe mix and adjust the recipe seasonings and add the salt and pepper.
7. Spoon the crab deviled eggs mixture back into the egg whites
8. Garnish the top of the crab deviled eggs with a dash of paprika and maybe some chives.
Recipe Yield: 12 Deviled Eggs