This Coconut Rice Pudding Recipe has it's tropical allure from the coconut as well as the pineapple and mango. It is a refreshing and unusual fruit salad and rice pudding recipe for a dessert or a healthy breakfast.
Served in parfait glasses (or wine glasses) it's presentation is
suitable for the most important company. It does however, tastes just as yummy when eaten out of a bowl.
The crumbled macaroons highlight the coconut flavour and add some crunch to the dessert.
This simple fruit and rice pudding recipe will delight everyone.
Pudding Recipe Ingredients:
• 2 cups (500 ml) water
• 1 cup (250 ml) rice
• 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch
• 4 tsp (20 ml) vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) whole milk
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
• 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
• 1 cup (250 ml) shredded coconut
• 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
• 1 pkg macaroons - crumbled into tiny pieces
• 2 cups (500 ml) fresh pineapple - peeled, cored & chopped
• 1 cup (250 ml) fresh mango - peeled, pitted & chopped
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add the rice, stir, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer uncovered until water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
2. Put a 1/2 cup of sugar, the eggs, cornstarch, and vanilla in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
3. Meanwhile - Bring the milk, coconut milk, the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan to dissolve the sugar. Pour this, a bit at a time, over the sugar-egg mixture, whisking constantly.
4. Pour all of this mixture back into the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stirring gently until it begins to thicken. Turn off the heat. Gently blend in the rice and the shredded coconut.
5. Transfer the pudding recipe to a clean bowl - cover and chill for about 4 hours.
6. Fold the whipped cream into the pudding just before assembling.
For macaroon crumble:
1. Mix pineapple and mango pieces together.
2. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the rice pudding into each of 8 wineglasses. Layer with 1/4 cup of the fruit mixture. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons macaroon crumble.
3. Repeat the layers.
4. Garnish each coconut rice parfait with a sprinkling of macaroon crumble and serve.
Recipe Yield: This recipe serves 8
1. The Rice Pudding can be prepared a day in advance and kept refrigerated or left-over rice can be used.
2.Your Coconut Rice Parfaits can be assembled up to 6 hours in advance but must be kept refrigerated.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.