This Chocolate Mint Parfait Recipe is perfect for St. Patrick's Day - with the help of a little food colouring.
Mint and chocolate go together so well and here we combine them with brownies, Cool Whip and yogurt.
Gather up the recipe ingredients, so as to have everything handy. You will also need a measuring cup, a medium sized bowl and a few spoons as well as the parfait or wine glasses.
1. Grab 4 parfait glasses or wine glasses or clear dessert bowls.
2. Crumble 1 1/2 chocolate brownie into the bottom of each parfait or wine glass.
3. Measure out the Cool Whip and yogurt into a small bowl. Add a few drops of food colouring and a few drops of mint extract. Blend to combine. Taste test - you may want to add more mint flavouring.
4. Scoop 2 tablespoons (30 ml) into each parfait cup, over the crumbled chocolate brownie.
5. Crumble another layer (1 1/2 chocolate brownies) over top.
6. Scoop another 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of green mint flavoured mixture over the brownies.
7. Top off each parfait with a generous dollop of white Cool Whip, some chocolate sprinkles, and a decorative sprig of fresh mint.
Recipe Yield: this Chocolate Mint recipe makes 4 parfaits.
1. These can be made ahead and kept refrigerated til needed.