This Chicken Taco Salad Recipe will surprise you. The chicken blends in SOOO well with the other taco salad recipe ingredients, that I am surprised that it isn't as common as the original beef hamburger version.
This simple salad recipe uses up left-over chicken/turkey OR you can cook up some fresh chicken breasts.
Another alternative is to use ground chicken and prepare it the same way as a regular taco salad.
1. Mix the first 5 ingredients together OR leave the chicken for last - to top off the salad
2. Using a wire whisk, blend the sour cream with the salsa, then stir in the cumin and pepper sauce.
3. Place 1/4 of the mixture into each of 4 salad bowls. Top with the chicken slices.
4. Divide the dressing among the salads.
Yield: serves 4
This salad is also is very good served with guacamole instead of the dressing listed above. See below for a Guacamole recipe
1. Remove the pit from the avocados and scoop out the flesh into a medium sized bowl and then coarsely mash the avocado with a fork.
2. Blend in the remaining ingredients.Guacamole is best if it is a bit chunky so don't worry about getting it into a smooth paste.
3. Taste test and adjust the seasonings in your chicken taco salad recipe to your preference.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.