This Chicken Lunch Salad Recipe is perfect for those hot summer days - but is equally as good in the winter as an alternative to boring sandwiches for a nice lunch. The boneless, skinless chicken is a lot healthier than processed meats, and in combination with the vegetables, you have a well balanced healthy recipe.
The crunchy celery, cucumbers and apples combined with the soft
texture of the chicken make a pleasing combination in this simple lunch salad
As a dinner salad or lunch salad this is a healthy choice for an easy salad recipe. It works great for using up roast chicken left-overs and can be used with turkey left-overs too.
Just serve this simple recipe for a chicken lunch salad over a bed of lettuce with a slice of baguette alongside or fresh dinner rolls for a complete meal.
Chicken Lunch Salad Ingredients:
• 1 1/2 lb (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken – pre-cooked
• 1 large apple - cored & cubed
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) celery – diced
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) cucumber - chopped
• 4 large lettuce leaves
Chicken Lunch Dressing Ingredients:
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) tarragon vinegar
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon-style mustard
• 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh tarragon leaves - chopped
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml ) each - salt & pepper
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, mustard, fresh tarragon, salt and pepper.
2. Cube or shred the chicken and blend in the tarragon dressing. Mix in the apple, cucumber and celery pieces.
3. Place the lettuce leaves on 4 plates and top with the chicken salad.
4. Serve with a slice of French baguette or a fresh dinner roll.
Recipe Yield: This recipe for a Chicken Lunch Salad serves 4
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.