Chick Pea Salad Recipe - Most People are not really fond of peas or beans - BUT they are so very good for you.
Chick peas are full of nutrients and fiber - some of which we all need more of. By using them in a colourful and flavourful salad recipe, you will get your family to eat more of them.
If you can find the right combinations for a pea salad recipe and the
right dressing you can easily and quickly change the common, lowly
chick pea into a great tasting side dish.
The following simple salad recipe will transform the humble chick pea into a great tasting salad.
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl & toss to mix.
2. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
Recipe Yield : 4 servings
longer the salad "sits" before serving - the more flavourful it
becomes. I prefer to make it a day ahead to allow the flavours to blend.
- that there are two types of Canadian chick peas. Desi chick peas are small and dark with a rough coat. Kabuli chick peas are larger and lighter coloured with a smoother coat.
- that the chick pea is also known as a garbanzo bean, Bengal grams & Egyptian peas.
- that Garbanzo beans/chickpeas have a delicious nut-like taste and buttery texture.
- that they provide a concentrated source of protein.
- that canned beans and peas are just as healthy freshly cooked ones. Canned beans and peas do not lose their nutritional value like other canned vegetables do.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.