This creamy Buttermilk-Basil Dressing is perfect for any green salad
recipe any time of the year. It doubles as a vegetable dip and can be
used in cold pasta salads as well.
Just because it is made with buttermilk does not mean that it is
yukky tasting. It is a rich, thick slightly sweet, slightly sour salad
The addition of the basil lends a nice Mediterranean taste to the dressing as well.
Buttermilk is also very healthy for you and this dressing can be eaten by many lactose intolerant people.
1. Blend the buttermilk and sour cream together in a small bowl. Add the Parmesan cheese, basil, onion salt and garlic. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
2. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour minimum to let the flavours meld together.
3. Serve over green salads.
Yield: 2 cups
- that buttermilk's active cultures fight bad bacteria and help stimulate the immune system
- that people who are lactose-intolerant can use buttermilk because it is more digestible
- that buttermilk reduces any excess heat that is produced in the body
- that it can aid digestion and gets rid of problems like acidity and indigestion.
- that it also helps to boost the immune system
- that Buttermilk is rich in various nutrients, like minerals including potassium, phosphorus and even calcium
- that Buttermilk is a part of a gallstones diet recommended by doctors
- that Buttermilk also contains very low amounts of fat
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.