A Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Parfait Recipe uses not only combines blueberry and yogurt - although that alone would still make a great fruit parfait recipe - there are other ingredients as well.
The surprise ingredient is apricot preserves.
The 2 fruit flavours blend very well together and highlight the vanilla yogurt.
This simple parfait recipe is healthy and nutritious enough that it can be eaten for breakfast - great on a hot summer morning.
• 1 cup (240 ml) fresh or frozen blueberry (thawed, if frozen)
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) apricot preserves
• 1 pint (475 ml) vanilla frozen yogurt
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) chopped peanuts or pecans (optional)
1. Combine the blueberry and preserves in a small bowl.
2. Cook these on HIGH for about 3 to 4 minutes, in the microwave, stirring a few times, until the berries are soft.
3. Cover and refrigerate them until ready to assemble the parfaits.
4. To assemble - use 4 dessert bowls or parfait/wine glasses. Scoop a serving of the frozen yogurt into each one and top with the berry sauce.
5. Garnish with the nuts and enjoy.
Yield: Serves 4.
- that a blueberry has lots of Vitamins A, C, E plus beta-carotene
- that they are also high in the potassium, magnesium, manganese.
- that they are rich in fiber and have a low saturated fat content.
- that they also have no cholesterol and sodium.
- that a blueberry has a high level of antioxidants which prevent cell damage and protect our body's health.
- that the vitamins in a blueberry helps to limit the damage caused by diseases related to aging.
- that the substance called anthocyanins is responsible for the blue color in a blueberry and it combats E. Coli in our systems.
- that blueberries have an acid that renders cancer-causing chemicals inactive.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.