In this Blue Cheese Dressing, sour cream and mayonnaise are the base for this delicious creamy dressing recipe. If you wish, you can add other fresh herbs to the dressing, to your preference.
The original simple dressing recipe has been lightened up by substituting some of the mayonnaise with low-fat yogurt. This will be great news for all those weight watchers out there.
The small pieces of Blue Cheese in this dressing really set off the flavour of any green salad and it pairs especially well with tomatoes.
I enjoy this particular dressing on a Baby Spinach Salad with slices of fresh pears and garnished with slivered almonds. The blue cheese seems to heighten the flavour of the fruit.
This dressing is also great way to get more calcium from the blue cheese into your diet.
Blue Cheese Ingredients
1. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice/vinegar, and garlic until smooth.
2. Crumble in the blue cheese and mix well.
3. Taste test the dressing and adjust seasonings.
- that Blue Cheese is made with goats milk
- that the blue vein running through it is actually a mold related to penicillin
- that the high calcium content of blue cheese helps prevent bone loss and migraine headaches
- that calcium from cheese promotes better bone growth and bone strength than calcium supplements.
- that you can reduce the risk of gout by increasing your intake of cheese
- that a calcium-rich diet can cause you to burn more fat
- that the milk protein in blue cheese neutralizes plaque acids in your mouth and contributes to a healthy and beautiful smile.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.