This Black Forest Parfait Recipe is excellent. Although it may not
really be a fruit salad it does use canned fruit. The original Black Forest Cake was from the Black Forest Region in Germany. This simple parfait is an adapted version of the Black Forest Cake for a parfait recipe.
In this fruit parfait recipe we have crumbled brownie, chocolate
pudding, canned cherry pie filling and whipped cream. Not terribly
difficult - but the result is fantastic.
For this simple salad recipe I used the larger glasses (1& 1/2 cup (360 ml) size), even though it was intended as a dessert. I just knew that everyone would devour it.
1. Crumble the brownie into approximately 1/2" pieces.
2. For the bottom layer use the pudding, then the brownie crumbs.
3. Add the pie filling so that it covers the brownie pieces.
4. A layer of whipped cream, then brownie pieces and then top it off with the whipped cream.
5. Garnish with a couple brownie crumbs or a cherry.
6. Enjoy your Black Forest Parfait.
Yield: 6 Black Forest parfaits
If you really want to imitate the original Black Forest Cake:
Crumble up your brownie pieces a day ahead and let them dry out. Then you can drizzle 1 tbsp. of rum or brandy over the brownie pieces. They will absorb the alcohol and create that authentic Black Forest flavour.
- that dark chocolate and cocoa are packed with antioxidants. One serving of dark chocolate has more antioxidant capacity than a serving of blueberries or cranberries. (Note: that this isn't the sugar filled chocolate used in cheap chocolate bars. This is the better quality chocolate with at least 60% cocoa.)
- milk chocolate contains relatively small amounts of caffeine - about the same as a cup of decaffeinated coffee.
- that documents detailing Aztec life showed that chocolate was viewed as a medicinal marvel.
that chocolate can be toxic for many animals, but especially for dogs.
It can cause them to go into a seizure and possibly a coma, and
sometimes results in death.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.