This easy Berry Granola Parfait Recipe uses a mixture of fresh berries layered with vanilla yogurt and crunchy granola.This healthy parfait can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dessert or just a quick snack, anytime, quilt-free.
The combination of the smooth yogurt, crunchy granola and sweet berries in this simple fruit parfait recipe makes a tasty simple fruit salad treat.
The size pictured here is an 8 oz (240 ml) wine glass since I was using this as a dessert parfait.
This healthy granola berry parfait also makes a great snack or quick breakfast.
• 1 cup (240 ml) Granola
• 2 cups (500 ml) vanilla yogurt
• 2 cups (500 ml) washed, drained and relatively dry mixed berries (blue berry, black berry, rasp berry & straw berry)
1. Begin with 4 tbsp (60 ml) of yogurt in the bottom of each parfait glass.
2. Next, layer 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the granola.
3. Then add 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the berries.
4. Finish with the remaining yogurt.
5. Garnish with a fresh berry or a light sprinkle of granola, if you wish.
Yield: Serves 4
If the strawberries are bigger than the other berries - you can halve or quarter them so that all the fruits are about the same size.
To dry the berries, I place them on sheets of paper towels and then pat them with more paper towels.
- that berries are extremely good for you
- that blueberries especially contain a high number of antioxidants
- that fresh berries contain a number of important vitamins
- that the pigment which gives a berry it's bright colour is a good anti-oxidant
- that berries contain flavanoids that may help to prevent some forms of cancer
- cranberries and blueberries may also help prevent bladder infections.
- blueberries and raspberries also contain lutein, which is important for healthy vision.
- that unflavoured granola is the healthier choice
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.