This Beet Spinach Salad Recipe can easily be made with canned beets. That is what I do in the summer, instead of cooking my own. That way I avoid heating up my kitchen as well as the beet juice mess.
This easy and simple beet salad recipe takes no time to prepare and brightens up any meal.
If you buy the pre-packaged Baby Spinach – it is already washed and dried and ready to use. A real time saver.
For this picture, I used pre-packed Baby Spinach, canned sliced beet, slivered almonds, and Goat’s Milk crumbled feta cheese.
My husband used Red Wine Vinaigrette for his dressing and found that it wasn’t very compatible. I used the Maple–Mustard Vinaigrette and it was wonderful with the beet slices and spinach.
In the fall, which is beet harvest season, I cook fresh beet and then slice them as required.
• 6 cups (1500 ml) baby spinach
• 1 cup (240 ml) cooked beets – sliced OR I can sliced beets - drained
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette OR Dressing of your choice
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped pecans
• 2 oz (60 ml) crumbled goat’s milk cheese
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) canola oil
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) mustard
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) each – salt & pepper
Yield: Approx. 1 cup (240 ml) of Dressing
1. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate.
2. Prepare the spinach – then place it in a bowl.
3. Add the sliced beets, nuts and crumbled goat’s cheese. Toss to combine.
4. If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate.
5. To serve - add the dressing and toss again to coat everything with dressing.
6. Serve immediately.
Yield: Serves 6
1. You can substitute crumbled feta cheese for the goat’s milk cheese.
2. You can use chopped walnuts or almond slivers instead of pecans.
3. You can use your own favourite dressing in place of the Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette.
4. If the beet slices are really large – just halve them.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.