A bean salad recipe could contain 3, 4, 5, 7 types of beans/peas. You could probably even make a 12-bean salad if you wanted to. The basic recipe still remains the same.
You can add different vegetables such as corn, celery, onions, etc.
and different spices to change up the flavours and textures.
Sometimes, just cleaning out some leftover veggies from the frig can create a new simple salad recipe for your family.
There are probably even many new bean recipes just waiting to be discovered.
| I am going to give you a very simple, basic recipe for a 5-bean salad. Then I will give you a list of Optional Additions from which you can create your own family favourite.
1. Place all basic ingredients in a plastic or glass bowl & mix together.
2. Place covered bowl in refrigerator for at least a few hours - better overnight.
3. Drain excess liquid (if desired) or leave beans in liquid to marinate even more until they are all finished.
Yield 4 side dishes
Beans and peas are very rich in protein and starch. These are
also fiber rich vegetables. By eating this type of basic salad - especially
during the hot summer months - you will be guaranteeing that you and your family
get the nutrients they need.
1. Basic Vegetables
- kernel corn - drained (if canned)
- olives - pitted - sliced
- cucumber - slices
- tomatoes - halved or quartered
- artichoke hearts - cut
- carrots - thinly sliced or shredded
- mushrooms - sliced
- broccoli florets - preferably blanched
2. Basic Vinegars
- flavoured (i.e.raspberry)
- apple cider
3. Additional Types of Beans
navy, gazpacho, lima, white, chick peas, black, green, waxed, red, kidney, northern etc. etc.
It is preferable if the raw fresh beans/peas are blanched first -
to remove some of their crunchiness - they will also absorb some more
of the marinade after being blanched.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.