This easy Basic Pasta Salad Recipe is all ready for you to customize. The dressing is perfect on this simple salad recipe for any additional ingredients.
In this particular basic pasta salad, I added some diced onions, a bit of
corn kernels that were left-over in my refrigerator, the parsley,
crushed red pepper flakes and the dressing.
It came out very tasty, with just enough of a kick to it. I think if I would have added more ingredients - that I would have needed to add more red pepper to keep the "heat".
This easy and simple basic salad recipe would accompany any BBQ meal really well.
It almost goes without saying - that this salad is even better the second day.
Basic Recipe Ingredients:
• 4 cups (960 ml) uncooked rotinni (or other small pasta)
• 1 large onion – diced
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley - diced
• 1 tsp (5 ml) red pepper flakes
Basic Recipe Dressing:
• 1 cup (240 ml) real mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) white vinegar
• 2/3 cup (160 ml) sugar
• 2 1/2 tbsp (37 ml) mustard
• 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
• 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling water cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and immediately rinse with cold water. Allow to completely drain.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper until well blended.
3. In a large bowl combine the dressing with the cooled pasta and diced onions, parsley and red pepper flakes. (plus any additional ingredients)
4. Stir until everything is well mixed.
5. Cover and refrigerate your basic pasta salad recipe creation until well chilled (2 - 4 hours).
Basic RecipeYield: Serves 6 as a side dish or 12 at a buffet.
This basic salad will keep in the refrigerator for 4 - 5 days. Since the dressing may begin to separate - stir well before serving.
• 2 celery stalks- diced
• 1 green or red bell pepper - seeded and diced
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) carrot - grated or shredded
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) cooked bacon – crumbled or diced
A few slices of radish for garnish
1. You could substitute blanched or cooked broccoli or cauliflower for the carrot.
2. You could add a can of peas, corn kernels or mixed vegetables (well drained).
3. You could substitute green onions (diced) for the medium onion.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.