A Basic Deviled Eggs Recipe is just the beginning. From this basic recipe version you can become adventurous and customize your deviled eggs with numerous options to create your favourite recipe or you can just garnish your deviled eggs to suit.
This particular recipe uses common basic kitchen ingredients to create these delightful deviled eggs.
• 6 large eggs - hard boiled
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey mustard
• salt & pepper to taste
1. Crack the shells all around the eggs and remove the shells.
2. With a sharp knife, cut the eggs in half, lengthwise.
3. Carefully remove the yolks and set the white parts aside.
4. In a small bowl mix the yolks with the mayonnaise and honey mustard to a nice smooth consistency. Use a fork for this so you can mash any lumps.
5. Taste test the basic recipe mix and add salt & pepper to your preference.
6. Spoon 1 heaped teaspoon of this basic recipe mixture back into each egg half. Round off the top by inverting the spoon over the mixture and pressing lightly.
7. Decorate the tops with a dash of black pepper or paprika.
Yield: 12 deviled eggs