This Bacon Deviled Eggs Recipe utilizes that well known combination of bacon and eggs - just to a different level. By binding it together with a bit of mayo and mustard - we can eat it as a finger food.
With just 4 ingredients this bacon eggs recipe can be put together pretty quickly.
You can even cut down on time on this recipe by boiling the eggs the day before and using either pre-cooked bacon or bacon bits.
• 12 eggs – hard-boiled
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) real mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) yellow mustard
• 6 slices bacon – cooked and crumbled OR 3 tbsp (45 ml) bacon bits
1. Crack the shells on the eggs and remove them by peeling them off.
2. With a sharp knife, cut the eggs in half, lengthwise.
3. Carefully remove the yolks and place them into a small bowl. Set the white parts gently onto a plate or serving platter.
4. Blend the yolks with the mayonnaise and mustard to a nice smooth consistency. Use a fork so you can smash any lumps.
5. Add the bacon pieces and combine well.
6. Spoon 1 heaped tsp of this bacon recipe mixture into each egg half. Press down lightly to form a neat mound.
7. Decorate the tops with a dash of black pepper or paprika.
Recipe Yield: 24 deviled eggs