This Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs Recipe requires a bit more work than some of the other deviled eggs recipes - but it is definitely worth it. Of course the easiest way out is to buy pre-cooked bacon or bacon bits and shredded Cheddar cheese. Then there is nearly no work to this recipe.
The recipe for these tasty little devils is good enough to eat for breakfast - that is if there are any left by then.
The combination of bacon, cheddar cheese and eggs go really well together in this recipe.
• 12 eggs – hard boiled
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) mayonnaise
• 4 slices bacon – cooked and crumbled OR 2 tbsp (30 ml) bacon bits
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) Cheddar cheese - finely grated
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) mustard
1. Crack the shells on the eggs and peel them off.
2. Cut the eggs in half, lengthwise, with a sharp kitchen knife.
3. Carefully remove the egg yolks and put them into a small bowl. Place the white parts on a plate or platter.
4. Mix the mayonnaise and mustard into the egg yolks to form a smooth paste.. Use a fork to mash up any lumps.
5. Blend in the crumbled bacon and grated cheddar cheese.
6. Stuff 1 heaped teaspoon of this bacon cheddar recipe mixture back into each egg half. Round off the top by pressing down lightly.
7. Decorate the tops with a dash of black pepper or paprika.
Yield: 24 deviled eggs