This Arab Salad Recipe is just one of many dishes served as part of a "mezze" before a meal. Somewhat similar to our appetizers.
An Arab or Arabian Salad does not contain any lettuces, therefore it is a
vegetable salad recipe, not a green salad, such as we are used to for
Similar simple salad recipes in the Middle East include the Persian salad shirazi, the Turkish choban or coban salad, and the Israeli salad. These are all easy and simple salad recipes.
1. Wash and dice the cucumber and tomatoes into relatively equal sized pieces.
2. Place them in a glass or plastic bowl.
3. Add the chopped parsley and diced onions.
4. In a separate bowl combine the dressing ingredients.
5. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently to combine all ingredients.
6. Serve in small bowls.
Yield: This Arab style salad recipe serves 4
- that cucumbers are technically classified as a fruit, like a tomato.
- that cucumbers are about 90% water.
- that in the latter part of the 17th century a rumour was spread that cucumbers could be poisonous and for a long time after that - they were only grown to feed to cows. This caused them to be called cowcumbers.
- that cucumber juice is helpful in increasing the urine flow and relieving rheumatic conditions.
- that cucumbers can produce a soothing skin lotion. Just reserve
any peeling from the cucumber and gently rub it over your hands.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.