This Thousand Island Dressing Recipe creates a thick creamy consistency which holds well on heavier lettuces like romaine. It makes a salad into a meal - so it is a perfect salad dressing recipe for a lunch or dinner salad.
If you like you can add a few pieces of meat or cheese to your salad and you have a complete meal from a simple salad recipe.
This Thousand Island dressing is also very versatile and can even be used as a condiment on sandwiches, instead of plain mayonnaise. It is sure to perk up the flavour. I like it on my roast beef sandwiches.
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) real mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) ketchup
• 1 tsp (5 ml) hot chili paste
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) sweet green relish
• 2 tsp (10 ml) green olives with pimentos - chopped
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until well blended.
2. Store your Thousand Island dressing in the refrigerator in a well sealed container. Will keep for 1 week.
Yield: This Thousand Island recipe makes about 1 cup of dressing.
- that mayonnaise is trans-fat free.
- that mayonnaise contains pasteurized eggs that are bacteria free.
- that commercially prepared mayonnaise does NOT need to be refrigerated, although being kept in the refrigerator allows it to retain it's freshness and flavour. (Therefore it is safe for use in salads prepared for outdoor picnics and BBQ's)
- that mayonnaise is a natural source of Vitamin E, which can help protect you from strokes.
- that mayonnaise, because of it's contents can help protect you from heart diseases.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world