If you like tarragon - you will love this Tarragon Deviled Eggs Recipe. This herb blends so well with the eggs in this recipe and releases it's natural flavours. There are many herb deviled eggs recipes - but this tarragon recipe is my favourite.
The herb tarragon, with it's licorice/basil flavour, really brings the humble egg into a new light and glory in this deviled eggs recipe.
• 6 large eggs - hard boiled
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
• 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp (5 ml) minced capers
• 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml) minced fresh tarragon leaves
• Salt & black pepper
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced fresh chives for garnish
1. Remove the shells by cracking them all the way around the eggs and peeling them away.
2. Cut the eggs lengthwise, in half, with a sharp knife.
3. Remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl. Set aside the white parts.
4. Mix the egg yolks with the mayonnaise and mustard until it forms nice smooth paste. Use a fork so you can mash up any yolk lumps.
5. Add the capers and minced tarragon leaves and blend these in.
6. Taste test the recipe mixture and add salt & pepper to your preference.
6. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of this tarragon recipe mixture into each egg white. Press down lightly to round
off the top.
7. Decorate the tops with the minced chives or some pared cucumber.