This Sweet Onion Vinaigrette doesn't taste like an onion. It only has a very subtle onion flavour which is offset by the oil and balsamic vinegar. This recipe is an "infused" type of vinaigrette which means that the additional herbs (onion) or spices are allowed to "infuse" the oil with their sweet onion flavour.
This is truly a simple dressing recipe - only 4 ingredients and you
just blend them all together and there you have it - a sweet onion dressing - ready in no time
flat. A simple vinaigrette recipe.
A sweet onion is healthy for you too. Even used in just a vinaigrette, and used daily, it can help with cancers, heart disease, colds and upset stomachs.
This simple sweet onion dressing goes well with an Italian recipe or a fresh garden recipe - or any green lettuce recipe that has a number of other ingredients.
1. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend.
2. Store, your sweet onion dressing, tightly sealed, in the refrigerator.
3. Shake or stir this sweet onion dressing/vinaigrette again before using.
Yield: This vinaigrette recipes makes about 1 cup of sweet onion dressing
If you don't mind a few small pieces of sweet onion in your vinaigrette - you can just whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together.
- that it is a sulfur compound in a sweet onion that causes our eyes to water when cutting them
- that a sweet onion can retard cancer growth.
- that eating a sweet onion can raise your good cholesterol.
- that eating a vinaigrette made with sweet onions can prevent blood clots.
- that onions also contain numerous vitamins and folic acid.
- that a sweet onion is fat free
- that sweet onions contain no sodium.
- that eating onions even in a vinaigrette can reduce hypertension.
- that onions are anti-bacterial, so they will help deter colds
- that onions are anti-fungal, so they help relieve an upset stomach.
- that even cooked onions do not significantly lose their potency
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world