This Spring Potato Ham Salad Recipe uses the 3 early vegetables of the season – peas, potatoes and green onions. It also incorporates cooked ham into the ingredients to make a Dinner Salad Recipe for a complete meal.
This is a perfect easy and simple salad recipe for after Holidays to
use up some left-overs OR to just celebrate the new spring season.
The ingredients in this simple Spring recipe can be varied to use what you have. For example: if you do not have any ham – substitute cooked chicken, turkey, pork, or beef. Instead of peas - use what you have. I used some left-over cooked white asparagus.
These substitutes will still all compliment one another with the dressing.
I also added a few chopped hard boiled eggs. You could even add some small cubes of cheese.
• 1 1/2 lb (675 g) small new potatoes - scrubbed
• 2 cup (500 ml) blanched peas/cooked asparagus
• 2 green onions – chopped
• 1 cup (240 ml) – cooked ham - cubed
• Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing or mayonnaise
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 4 hard boiled eggs - chopped (optional)
• 1 tsp (5 ml) mustard
1. In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and allow to cool completely. Cut each potato in half if small or in quarters if larger.
2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, ham, vegetables, onions, and eggs with as much garlic dressing or mayonnaise as is needed to bind the ingredients together.
3. Taste test - Season with salt & pepper.
4. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
5. Cover and refrigerate any left-overs.
Yield: This Spring Potato Ham Salad Recipe serves 8
1. The potatoes and/or eggs can be cooked the day before and refrigerated.
2. This simple spring potato and ham salad tastes even better the second day - after the flavours have had a chance to meld together.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world