This Spanish Mixed Salad Recipe - Ensalada Mixta - is very common in Spain - but nearly every household has a different version. This easy and simple salad recipe is commonly served on a platter for everyone to help themselves.
The Spanish always eat green salads at meals. This easy and simple mixed salad recipe is very popular for all then Spanish people.
The ingredients include a large variety of mixed vegetables as well as meat and olives, along with the usual tomatoes and onions. This makes it a complete meal recipe in itself.
An easy mixed Spanish style salad recipe to prepare, it is just as tasty as it is attractive.
Try it at your next dinner gathering!
• 1 head Iceberg or Romaine lettuce
• 2 tomatoes - cut into 8 pieces each
• 1 cucumber - peeled and sliced
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) green olives - stuffed with anchovies
• 1 can (approximately 15 oz) white asparagus - drained
• 1 red or yellow pepper - sliced in long thin strips
• ¼ medium red onion - thinly sliced
• 1 carrot - grated
• 1 can tuna - drained
• 2 hard boiled eggs - peeled & quartered
• red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
• extra virgin Spanish olive oil
• salt to taste
• 1 can baby corn - drained
• 1 can artichoke hearts - drained
1. Cut the lettuce in half and remove the core. Rinse under cold running water and allow to drain. While lettuce is drying – prepare the vegetables as outlined above.
2. Drain the canned vegetables and tuna. Peel and quarter the eggs.
3. Tear up the lettuce into bite sized pieces and make a bed of it on a large serving platter. Next, place the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, peppers and carrots over the lettuce.
4. Break the tuna up into small pieces with a fork and then spread it over top of the other vegetables.
5. Arrange the remaining vegetables on top.
6. Drizzle the oil and vinegar over the salad and salt to taste.
Spanish household has it’s own version of this mixed recipe and they even
change daily depending on what they have or on what is available – so
don’t hesitate to change up the ingredients. Go a little Spanish!
Yield: the recipe for this mixed Spanish salad serves 4 - 6
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world