In this Shrimp Salad Recipe, we use pre-cooked small shrimp,
combined with the small size pasta, a few other flavourful ingredients
and top it off with a zesty, fresh dressing.
A perfect seafood salad recipe for lunch on a hot day.
Shrimp is one of the most wonderful and versatile seafoods.
Fortunately, we can enjoy fresh or frozen shrimp in varying sizes throughout the year , served plain or in a simple salad recipe.
Shrimp are a nutritious protein alternative to meat. Shrimp is also low in calories and saturated fats.
These delicious little clean and crisp crustaceans can be served in many types of recipe and are one of the most popular seafoods in North America.
• 1/2 lb (1/4 kilo) bow-tie or other small pasta
• 2 lb (1 kilo) small shrimp (pre-cooked)
• 1 sweet red pepper - seeded & diced
• 1 red onion - diced
• 1 garlic clove - minced
• 1 cup (240 ml) basil leaves - chopped
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp (5 ml) of lemon zest
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) concentrated lemon juice
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) celery - diced (optional)
• Black pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions until just tender. Drain and immediately rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process. Allow to drain and then place the pasta into a large recipe bowl.
2. Thoroughly rinse and drain the shrimp. Add the shrimp to the pasta along with the peppers & onions and then mix it all together gently.
3. Combine the remaining recipe ingredients in another bowl for the dressing – mix them together well and then pour this over the pasta and gently stir until everything is well coated.
Recipe Yield: This recipe for Shrimp Salad serves 4 as a main meal and 8 as an appetizer.
1. This Shrimp with Pasta salad is best eaten the same day it is prepared.
2. If using frozen shrimp - defrost the shrimp first by placing them in a bowl of cold water. Keep them chilled until used.
3. If you need to increase the salad recipe amount, you can easily increase the pasta.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world