This Saigon Dressing Recipe is a simple vinaigrette made with rice vinegar and infused with fruit for a tangy flavour, with honey to temper it, and with red chili to give it some zest.
This Saigon recipe is simple to make and keeps well for a few days in the refrigerator.
Use this dressing on the Saigon Salad or any other simple salad recipe of mixed greens for a unique oriental flavour.
1. Using a wire hand whisk, mix the rice wine vinegar, lime juice, grapefruit juice, fish sauce and honey all together in a small bowl.
2. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly. (You can also mix these ingredients in a blender or food processor - adding the oil slowly after processing or blending the first 5 ingredients)
3. Lastly mix in the grated lime rind, chopped green onions and diced chili.
4. Store in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed jar or container until needed.
Yield: Makes 3/4 cup (180 ml)
1. This Saigon dressing is better made a day ahead, to allow for the flavours to "marry".
2. Always stir or shake the Saigon dressing before using, so that each salad receives a balanced amount of the Saigon ingredients.
3. This Saigon dressing will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed jar or container for 2 weeks. (I use mason jars for this)
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world