I tried this Ramen Pasta Salad a while ago and was quite surprised by the unique flavours and textures. I just knew I had to share this simple salad recipe with you. It is best eaten right after it's made but you can store leftovers in the fridge for a couple of days.
The one great benefit to using Ramen Noodles is the package of seasonings that come with it. These seasonings provide a great lift to the dressing and create a distinct oriental flavour that would be difficult to create without a cupboard full of unusual spices.
This simple pasta salad recipe has a great combination of textures as well as flavours. The crunchy noodles combined with the cole slaw, seeds and nuts, all covered in a sweet, tangy dressing is absolutely delightful.
• 1 bag of coleslaw mix
• 3 green onions - diced
• 1 package Oriental style Ramen noodles - crushed (reserve the seasoning packet)
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) sesame seeds
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) sunflower seeds
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced almonds
• 1 can mandarin oranges - drained
Dressing (make a day ahead for best flavour)
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) canola or olive oil
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
• 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) soy sauce
• 1 package dry seasoning from Ramen noodles
• salt & pepper to taste
1. In a jar with a tightly sealed lid, shake the dressing ingredients until well blended. Store in the refrigerator. (preferably over-night for the seasonings to blend)
2. In a large bowl, add the crushed Ramen noodles to the almonds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds and toss to mix.
3. Add the coleslaw, green onions and mandarins and combine these with the nut mixture.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine just before serving.
Yield Serves 8 - 10
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.