This Polish Vegetable Salad Recipe is a great simple salad recipe to prepare in advance for a holiday gathering or a simple potluck dinner.
This easy Polish salad recipe uses mayonnaise as a binding ingredient, similar to a potato salad recipe.
The traditional Polish recipe included only root vegetables which had to be cooked before making the salad - but with the greater availability of fresh vegetables - some ingredients were changed over the years for efficiency and time savings.
You can change up some of the vegetables in the Polish recipe as well to suit your tastes.
• 5 hard boiled eggs
• 2 dill pickles
• 1 medium onion- diced
• 1 can of peas – drained
• 1 can of carrots – drained
• 2 parsnips
• ½ of a small celery root
• 3 large potatoes
• 1 cup (500 ml) mayonnaise
• 2 tsp. (10 ml) pickle juice
• 1 tsp (5 ml) yellow mustard
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, boil the celery root, parsnips and potatoes and eggs all together. Cook until the vegetables are tender. Drain and hold under cold running water to cool.
2. Peel and dice the potatoes, parsnips and celery root. Dice the eggs, onions and pickles.
3. Mix all the vegetables and the eggs together in a large bowl.
4. Add the mayonnaise, pickle juice and mustard – then blend everything together. (You may need a bit more mayonnaise depending on how large your vegetables were.)
5. Taste test for salt & pepper.
6. Decorate the top of the salad with pieces of vegetables or boiled eggs cut in half and a few dashes of paprika.
Yield: This Polish Vegetable Recipe serves 10 - 12
1. This Polish Vegetable Salad Recipe is better the second day when the ingredients have a longer time to blend together.
2. Keep your Polish recipe refrigerated until ready to serve.
3. You can substitute various vegetables for your favourites.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world