This Polish Spring Salad Recipe - Salatka Wiasenna - is one of the most common simple salad recipes served to celebrate the new Spring season as well as Easter.
The Polish people use the first spring vegetables to
create this simple vegetable salad. You can substitute your own
favourite vegetables instead of the ones listed below.
A really quick way to make this Polish Spring Salad is by using canned vegetables or some left-over vegetables in your frig.
This easy and simple salad recipe is often served at Easter by most of the Polish peoples to celebrate the arrival of Spring.
Polish Recipe Ingredients:
• 4 green spring onions - chopped
• 1 cup (240 ml) spring radishes - finely chopped
• 1 cup (240 ml) pencil-thin asparagus stalks (no tips) - finely chopped
• 1 cup (240 ml) peas (fresh or canned)
• 3 hard-boiled eggs - chopped OR 1 cup (240 ml) cheese - cubed
• Salt & pepper
• 1 cup (240 ml) mayonnaise
1. Using a large bowl, combine all the vegetables with the eggs/cheese.
2. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
3. Add the mayonnaise and stir to mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
5. Serve on a platter lined with lettuce.
6. Sprinkle paprika over the top.
Yield: This Polish Spring Recipe serves 6
Substitutes or Additional Ingredients:
Broccoli florets - blanched
Cauliflower florets - blanched
carrots - shredded or blanched
corn kernels - drained
navy, kidney beans, chick peas - drained & rinsed
celery - diced
Sweet peppers - seeded & diced
cucumbers - peeled & thinly sliced
various cheeses - cubed or shredded
olives - drained & pitted
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world