This easy and simple salad recipe - Oriental Peanut Pasta Salad Recipe - includes cooked chicken plus vegetables mixed with the pasta for a complete meal as a lunch or light supper. The spicy peanut sauce makes a real hit with children and adults alike.
The crunchy celery goes well with the soft texture of the chicken and
the orange pepper blends well with the sweet corn kernels and the
subtle green onion flavour.
The apex is the peanut flavour of the spicy Oriental sauce.
Another bonus is that this is an easy and simple salad recipe to prepare.
Oriental Peanut Recipe Ingredients:
1. In a medium-sized pot of boiling water, cook the pasta until tender. Drain and immediately rinse with cold running water. Allow the pasta to completely drain and cool.
2. Meanwhile prepare the remaining ingredients as outlined above.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the diced peppers, celery, onions, meat and corn kernels.
4. Add the peanut sauce and mix well.
5. Stir in the cooled pasta.
6. Store, covered in the refrigerator until serving time.
Oriental Peanut Recipe Yield: This Oriental peanut recipe serves 4
Oriental Peanut Recipe Notes:
1. Any colour of sweet pepper can be used.
2. This Oriental style recipe is great for using up left-over chicken or turkey after a holiday meal and changing up the flavour.
3. Other vegetables can be added such as: shredded carrots, cooked broccoli, cooked cauliflower, or cooked baby carrots, canned peas (drained).
4. You could, alternatively, use a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed of course.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world