This Nicoise Salad Recipe is great for using up some left-overs in your refrigerator to create a whole new meal. Along with a can of tuna and a bottle of vinaigrette you have a complete dinner salad.
One thing I like about this Nicoise salad - well actually 2 things: First is
that I can substitute all kinds of different vegetables, depending on
what I have in the frig OR I can just open a can.
Secondly - Is the way it is presented - everyone can help themselves to the recipe ingredients they like and ignore the ones they don't. This way everyone is happy with their Nicoise salads.
Nicoise Recipe Ingredients:
1. Toss the lettuce with ¼ cup (60 ml) of vinaigrette.
2. Arrange the lettuce on a large platter. Mound the drained tuna in the center.
3. In a small bowl mix the tomatoes and red onions with 3 tbsp (45 ml) of vinaigrette and then arrange these on the platter.
4. Place the potatoes at one end and the green beans on the other side.
5. At the other end of the platter place the quartered eggs, olives and bean sprouts (if using).
6. Serve with more vinaigrette alongside.
Nicoise Recipe Yield: Serves 6
In any Nicoise Recipe you can substitute any of the following:
1. You can substitute corn, broccoli, cauliflower or carrots for the green beans.
2. You can use romaine or iceberg lettuce instead of Boston
3. You can use canned salmon, crab, or shrimp instead of tuna.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world