This Mustard-Sour Cream Dressing is a great way to liven up a plain lettuce salad or any simple salad recipe.
This tart yet tangy flavoured simple dressing recipe can be used on
any type of lettuce, with or without any other vegetables. I personally
also like it on my grilled pork chops.
Although this recipe is basically vinegar & oil based (namely a vinaigrette), the addition of the sour cream makes it thick and rich, so that it clings to the lettuce.
The mild mustard flavour is just subtle enough not to overpower the tartness of the vinegar or sour cream.
• 1/2 cup ( 120 ml) red wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) sour cream
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) mustard
• 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
• 2 garlic cloves - peeled
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) salt
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) pepper
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) Worcestershire sauce
• 1-1/2 cups canola oil
1. Place all the ingredients, except the canola oil, in a blender. Cover and process until everything is well blended and has a smooth consistency.
2. With the blender still processing, gradually add the canola oil in a slow stream.
3. Transfer the dressing to a sealable container and refrigerate until needed.
4. Store any unused portions in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container.
Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
You can make this recipe more low cal by substituting low fat sour cream
- that mustard can help speed up your metabolism and help digest your food.
- that mustard has Omega 3 that can help retard cancer cell growth
- that mustard can help ward off asthma attacks and reduce their severity
- that mustard can help lower high blood pressure
- that mustard has lots of vitamins
- that mustard has lots of minerals that are good for your body
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world