Marinated mushrooms is just another way to get the goodness of these veggies into your family.
The ancient Egyptians believed that mushrooms were a "plant of immortality".
Other civilizations also had mushroom rituals and some even believed that mushrooms could create super-human strength.
Although mushrooms by themselves can be eaten raw, just by themselves - most people prefer to cook them (fry them actually) and serve them as a side dish. Since this recipe calls for them to be marinated and served on a bed of lettuce leaves - that pretty much makes this a simple marinated salad recipe.
Mushrooms are generally a mild flavoured vegetable and even when being served as fried - most people tend to add some spice such as garlic powder or at least pepper to enliven them.
In this mushrooms recipe, we have marinated them and allowed them to sit in the refrigerator for a short while to absorb the flavours from the marinade. The tartness of the apple cider vinegar really enhances the mildness of the mushrooms and the touch of green onions adds a subtle spike to the flavour.
This "no-cook" easy salad recipe is perfect for those hot summer days. This marinated dish pairs well with any barbecued meal.
Marinated Recipe Ingredients:
• 1/4 cup(60 ml) sunflower seed oil
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
• 1 green onion - minced
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) parsley - minced
• 1/4 teaspoon (1.5 ml) each salt and sugar
• 2 cups (480 ml) button mushrooms - sliced
• lettuce leaves to serve (optional)
1. Mix the oil, vinegar, minced green onion, minced parsley, salt and sugar all together with a wire whisk. This will become the marinated part.
2. Clean the mushrooms, and slice the mushrooms fairly thinly.
3. Toss the sliced mushrooms in the dressing and allow the mushrooms to become marinated, by covering them and placing them in the fridge, for 1 or 2 hours.
4. You can serve this marinated salad on a bed of lettuce leaves, as a marinated salad or just plain as a side dish.
Marinated Recipe Yield: Serves 4
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world