The combination in this Malaysian Fusion Salad Recipe (Rojack Penang) are definitely Oriental and create a very tasty salad.
The word "rojack" means mixed, such as a mixture of fruits and
vegetables ( similar to the word "fusion") but also could be taken to mean the mixture of Malaysian cultures.
The word "Penang" is the name of a place in Malaysia and in this recipe denotes were the salad recipe is from.
There are also Rojack Indonesia, Rojack Singapore.
Fusion means mixed also but more so between fruits and vegetables. This is still relatively uncommon in North America although very common among Malaysians - but is becoming much more widespread.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
2. Add the sambal rojak dressing and toss well.
3. Portion out onto plates and top with chopped peanuts.
Yield: This Malaysian Fusion serves 4
- that a jicama is actually a root vegetable and grows well for the Malaysian people
- that it was first cultivated by the Mexicans and carried to Malaysians by seafarers
- that it is quite often eaten raw in salads or sometimes just like an apple.
- that jicama contains vitamins A, B & C, as well as calcium and phosphorus.
- that it has lots of dietary fiber.
- that a jicama is sweet and starchy sort of like some apples.
- that Malaysians also use jicama in cooking, such as in soups and stews.
- that although the root is edible the rest of the plant is poisonous.
- that the seeds contain a toxin called rotenone which is used to kill fish and certain insects.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.