This Honey-Lime Fruit Dressing is tangy yet sweet and can be served with any fruit salad recipe or berries that are in season. The combination of the sweetness of the honey with the tart refreshing lime is a terrific blend in this simple fruit dip recipe.
You can dress this up even further by adding a dollop of whipped cream on top to create an elegant simple salad recipe.
This dressing can also be used with green salad recipes, especially ones which contain some fruit.
• 1/4 cup (240 ml) fresh lime juice
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) honey
• 1 tsp. (5 ml) grated lime peel (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and blend well with a wire whisk.
2. Use this topping to dress about 8 cups (2000 ml) of any combination of fresh fruit.
My Personal Combo
honeydew melon & cantaloupe pieces with chunks of peaches or nectarines.
Yield: Serves 8-10
- that lime is rich in Vitamin C and helps to prevent scurvy, bleeding gums, mouth ulcers, and cracked lips
- that lime juice and its oil are good for your skin whether taken orally or applied externally. It rejuvenates the skin, keeps it shining, protects it from infections.
- that lime juice reduces body odor.
- that limes stimulate the digestive system by getting the mouth watering and the acids flowing.
- that lime juice and its acids clear the intestines by washing and cleaning off the tracts.
- that the roughage in limes, along with the acids can also help in easing constipation
- that limes have anti oxidants, anti carcinogenics, anti biotics and detoxifiers that help in the healing of peptic and oral ulcers.
- that the oil extracted from lime is used in anti congestive medicines and can provide immediate relief from congestion and nausea.
that limes with their anti oxidant properties can protect your eyes from
aging and from early macular degeneration and help protect them from