This Green Goddess Dressing Recipe was a real rage when it first came out in western United States. Everyone had to try it.
The news of this NEW dressing spread like wildfire and it was the most requested dressing at all the fashionable restaurants.
With the later introduction of the Ranch Dressing - a newer salad
dressing recipe - the Green Goddess mostly disappeared and never
reclaimed its fame.
The Green Goddess can still be purchased through certain retailers and on line for those who really want it for their simple salad recipes.
Many people now favour more and more of the new dressings on the market.
• 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
• 1 1/2 cups (360 ml)fat-free buttermilk
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh chopped herbs, (such as tarragon, sorrel, mint, parsley and/or cilantro)
• 2 tablespoons (30 ml) rice vinegar
• salt to taste
1. In a blender, puree the avocado, buttermilk, herbs, vinegar and salt until smooth.
2. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container
3. Enjoy this Green Goddess Dressing Recipe on your favourite salads.
1. Be sure to get a ripe avocado to get the best flavour, and also to blend easier. A ripe avocado should be dark green and slightly soft to a gentle squeeze.
2. To remove the fruit from the avocado - cut it in half lengthwise (around the center pit), remove the pit - then spoon out the fruit from the shell.
3. The mixture of avocado and herbs lend flavour and colour to this creamy dressing.
4. If you don't need very much, adjust the ingredients accordingly for a smaller batch.
5. This simple goddess dressing does not keep for more than a day in the refrigerator, as the avocado will discolor.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.