This Greek Lettuce Salad Recipe – Maroulo Salata is just what it says – mainly just lettuce with a simple vinaigrette dressing. The Greek people are not known for eating a lot of lettuce even though they eat a lot of salads.
Their salad recipes are mostly composed of fresh vegetables combined
with cheese and olives. More along the lines of the famous Greek Salad.
It was the Romans who first ate lettuce with just chopped onions and a dressing of oil and vinegar. This passed on to the neighbouring countries.
Now - whenever the Greeks want something really light and refreshing – then they will turn to this simple Greek salad recipe.
• 1 Romaine heart
• 6 – 7 green onions – chopped
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) dill – chopped
• 4 oz (120 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
• 1 oz (30 ml) vinegar
1. Wash and dry the lettuce leaves. Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces and place into a medium sized bowl.
2. Wash and dry the green onions. Chop the onions (including the white part) and add to the lettuce.
3. Rinse and dry the dill. Chop into small pieces and add to the bowl.
4. Prepare the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Secure the lid and shake vigorously to blend the ingredients.
5. Pour the dressing over the lettuce and toss to combine.
6. Serve with sliced bread to sop up the dressing.
Yield: This Greek Salad Serves 4
1. You can add a bit of sugar to the dressing if you find it a bit tart.
2. Iceberg lettuce or leaf lettuce can be substituted for the Romaine lettuce
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.