The Greek Tzatziki Salad Recipe is soo easy and simple and tasty. The Greek are very fond of their fresh vegetables and the combination of just a few ingredients in this simple salad recipe goes perfectly with the Tzatziki dressing.
Most of Greece lies in a temperate zone and the Greek people therefore have
access to many local fresh fruits and vegetables almost year-round.
Many Greek salads do not incorporate lettuces. They prefer more vegetables instead - even the Tzatziki dressing is flavoured like fresh cucumbers.
The mild Tzatzki dressing creates a perfect simple salad recipe to accompany souvlaki or any spicy BBQ'ed meat.
• 2 Large ripe tomatoes - chopped
• 1 English cucumber - diced
• 1 onion - thinly sliced
• 1 sweet red pepper – seeded and chopped
• 12 Black olives – pitted & halved (optional)
• 1 cup (250 ml) Tzatziki dressing
• 1 cup (250 ml) Goat's Milk Feta Cheese – crumbled or cubed
• salt & pepper
1. In a fairly large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, red peppers and olives.
2. Blend in the Tzatziki Dressing.
3. Add the feta cheese and toss lightly.
4. Taste test - Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Chill for before serving.
Yield: Serves 4
1. The Goat’s Milk Feta can be replaced with ordinary feta cheese or mozzarella.
2. The English cucumber can be replaced with 2 salad cucumbers – BUT – I would recommend peeling them first and seeding them to remove some of the bitterness.
3. You can use red or yellow onion.
4. You can substitute green or yellow sweet pepper for the red pepper.
5. Grape tomatoes can be used in place of the regular ones. If they are fairly large - cut them in half.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.