A German Sausage Salad Recipe (wurst salat) is an easy and simple salad recipe prepared with a tart German dressing. It is usually made with a boiled sausage like "Lyoner". ( In North America the closest equivalent boiled sausage is bologna.) In southern Germany they have a "Brot ziet", which translates into "Bread time", meaning snack time. Nearly every bar serves a rendition of this German Salad Recipe at Brot Zeit every afternoon.
This simple sausage salad is a traditional snack for South German people, and is often served with just bread.
This is a great alternative to a boring bologna sandwich.
German Sausage Dressing Ingredients:
• 2 tsp. (10 ml) vinegar
• 1 tsp. (5 ml) sugar
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
• 1 tsp. (5 ml) mustard (optional)
German Sausage Salad Ingredients:
• 1 cup ( 250 ml) bologna or Fleischwurst - sliced into strips
• 4 gherkins (or sweet pickles) - sliced
• 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) onion - finely sliced
• Lettuce - chopped
1. Combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
2. Mix the bologna strips, pickles and onions together in a larger bowl.
3. Fold in the dressing.
4. Cover and refrigerate for several minutes allowing the flavours to blend.
5. Serve on a bed of lettuce – your choice
Recipe Yield: Serves 4
Sausage Recipe Optional Ingredients:
Add 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped, fresh dill or parsley
Use pickle juice instead of vinegar.
Add some cubed cheese.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.