A French Dressing Recipe has been around for a long time. It was originally a thinner vinaigrette just used to top off a green salad, but it has now evolved into a thicker dressing and has found many other uses.
Many cold pasta salad recipes today call for French Dressing as one of their main ingredients.
Some Vegetable salad recipes call for French Dressing as their prime ingredient.
Certain taco salads also use French Dressing to liven up the humble hamburger.
There are also many recipes that call for French Dressing as a marinade, especially fish or pork recipes for the BBQ.
With all these possible new uses - maybe you should make a double batch of this simple salad dressing - just to have some on hand.
1. Put all of the above ingredients into a tightly sealed jar. (I use a small mason jar)
2. Shake really well - taste test and adjust the seasonings to your preference. (You can add a little more vinegar or oil to balance it.)
3. Store any unused portions in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed jar. Will keep for up to 1 week.
Yield: Makes about 1 cup (240 ml)
Great on green salads with bitter leaves like endive or radicchio.
- that there are many flavoured vinegars, such as apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar and white vinegar, just to name a few common ones
- that vinegar is a natural production from distilled acetic acid
- that white vinegar adds a great zest to many foods and can replace fattier ingredients such as mayonnaise
- that vinegar can help the body absorb essential minerals and nutrients. It can be very helpful to women who are not absorbing enough calcium to keep their bones healthy.
- that it can help to restore balance to the digestive system
- that a study in Sweden suggests that white vinegar might be able to help people with type 2 diabetes control their blood sugar
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world