This "way cool" Cucumber-Watermelon Salad Recipe is not only a perfect side dish on a hot summer day but you can serve this cooling minty vegetable salad recipe with HOT AND SPICY barbecued foods - such as: ribs or chicken.
Cucumbers are cool, watermelons are cool and mint is refreshing. By combining these 3 into one salad - you have one of the coolest and refreshing salads you could possibly make.
Bring this simple salad recipe to a neighbourhood barbecue or a potluck picnic dinner and watch it disappear.
1. Cut the cucumber (peel on) into 1/2 cubes. Put into a large bowl.
2. Cut the watermelon into 1/2 cubes and add to the bowl with the cucumber.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix the honey, 2 tbsp (30 ml) water, vinegar, and the 5 spice blend with a wire whisk.
4. Add the mint to the large bowl and blend all the ingredients together.
5. Add the dressing and stir to evenly coat all the cuts.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of salt over each serving.
Yield: Serves 4 as a side dish or 8 as an appetizer
1. When choosing a watermelon - tap it - a ripe melon will sound hollow. An unripe watermelon will not ripen after being picked.The little white seeds in a seedless watermelon are totally edible.
2. Taste test the cucumber before dicing. If it is quite tart - remove the peel. Also, if the seeds are bitter - remove them too by coring the centers - otherwise - if it is fine - just cube it up.
3. Any left-over watermelon can be sliced and placed alongside the salad as a garnish
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.