This Continental Potato Salad Recipe is a meal-in-one salad that has it all. Potatoes, meat, vegetables & condiment - all covered in a tart and tangy dressing - served either on its own or on a bed of lettuce leaves.
What a nice simple summer potato salad recipe.
The soft texture of the potatoes combined with the crisp celery and chewy meat create a delightful mixture. This palate pleasing dish is always welcome at any picnic or barbecue throughout the continental U.S.
An additional benefit is that it tastes EVEN BETTER the second day. If prepared the day before and refrigerated over-night, the flavours will have had a chance to mingle. This added feature to this simple continental salad recipe lends itself to early preparation for those up-coming weekend events.
• 4 medium Potatoes - cooked, peeled and chopped
• 2 hard cooked eggs - chopped
• 1/2 lb (250 gr) corned beef - cut into strips (2 cups)(480 ml)
• 2 stalks Celery - diced
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) dill pickles - diced
• 2 Green Onions - diced
• 3 cups (720 ml) Iceberg Lettuce - shredded
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) mayonnaise
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) sour cream
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) prepared mustard
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) horseradish
• salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine all the continental salad ingredients except the lettuce, in a large bowl.
2. Blend together the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and then pour it over the salad.
3. Mix everything so that it is all well blended.
4. Chill to suit.
5. Serve this continental salad on the shredded lettuce, or just by itself.
Yield: Serves 6
1. The meat (corned beef) can be replaced with ham, cold pork, cold roast beef, or cold chicken/turkey.
2. The diced pickles can be replaced with green relish, for red and white meat - and with corn relish for poultry.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.