In this Cilantro-Lime Dressing Recipe the combination of 2 citrus fruits with the cilantro creates a nice tangy dressing that goes with nearly any tossed salad.
The lime and orange juice mixture provides a refreshing flavour to
this simple vinaigrette/dressing recipe. The addition of the cilantro
heightens the flavour to a new level.
This cilantro salad dressing recipe is very versatile and most suitable for any simple salad recipe.
• 1 cup (240 ml) cilantro
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
• salt & pepper to taste
• Pinch of minced garlic
1. You simply puree the cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, salt, pepper and garlic in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Store any unused portions of this salad dressing in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container.
Try this Vinaigrette dressing with: Mixed Green Salads, Spinach Salads, or even Fruit Salads
- that limes contain anti-inflammatory properties
- that lime juice can reduce symptoms of hypertension
- that the vitamin C found in limes provides antioxidant protection against cancer
- that the vitamin C also and helps to boost our immune systems
- that vitamin C can also reduce the severity of inflammatory conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and asthma.
- that the vitamin C in limes can also reduce the risk of death associated with cardiovascular disease, cancer and stroke.
- that lime was the original cure for scurvy because of its high vitamin C content
- that lime rejuvenates the skin, (even when taken orally) keeps it shining, protects it from infections and reduces body odor
- that lime, when applied externally on your skin, scrubs out the dead cells, cures dandruff, heals rashes, and aids in healing bruises
- that lime aids in food digestion
- that lime can help with constipation
- that just scratching the peel of a lime and inhaling the scent gives immediate relief in congestion and nausea.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.