This Chinese Deviled Eggs Recipe contains the expected soy sauce. It also contains chili paste and mustard - so you can expect a little bit of a bite to it. It is tempered down a little by a touch of sugar. A great recipe for any event or occasion.
This Chinese Recipe doesn't have to be served only with Chinese food. This recipe is great any time, with any type of meal - even all by itself.
• 6 hard-boiled eggs
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) green onions - minced
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) mayonnaise
• 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp (5 ml) soy sauce
• 1 tsp (5 ml) chili paste
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) sugar
• Chopped green onions for garnish
1. Crack the shells on the eggs and peel off the shells.
2. Cut the peeled eggs in half length-wise.
3. Carefully remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl. Set the egg whites aside.
4. Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, chili paste and sugar to the egg yolks and blend together. Mash up any yolk lumps with a fork.
5. Add the green onions and mix again.
6. Taste test your Chinese recipe mix - adjust the seasonings.
7. Using a coffee spoon - place heaped spoonfuls into each egg white.
8. Garnish your Chinese deviled eggs with a sprinkling of chopped green onions.
Recipe Yield: 12 Chinese Deviled Eggs