This Carrot-Ginger Dressing definitely has Oriental undertones and is well suited to any green salad recipe.However, this dressing also lends itself very well to cold pasta salads and really livens them up.
The sweetness of the carrots pairs well with the ginger and the
shallots. By "processing" the raw carrots and ginger, you create a
thicker salad dressing, not a pure vinaigrette.
This simple dressing recipe keeps well in the refrigerator too.
1. In a food processor "pulse" the carrots until they are finely almost puréed.
2. Add the green onion, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and salt and "pulse" until the ginger and green onion are minced.
3. Add the olive oil slowly, meanwhile still pulsing to blend it all together.
4. Add the water slowly and keep blending until you have a nice smooth consistency.
5. If the dressing is too thick you can thin it with a bit of additional water to your preference.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
This dressing will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
- that the carrot can help reduce high cholesterol levels
- that the carrot can help prevent heart attacks
- that the carrot can help ward off certain cancers
- that carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and potassium.
- that a carrot is a good source of antioxidant agents
- that carrots are good for blood sugar regulation
- that a carrot has antiseptic qualities and therefore, can be used as a laxative
- that the carrot is a good remedy for liver conditions.
- that carrot oil is good for dry skin.
- that carrot juice improves stomach and gastrointestinal health.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.