I have listed 3 different beet salad recipes here for you to choose from - OR - try them all!. You can use a fresh beet OR you can used pre-cooked canned beets (and avoid the mess). Beet Salad Recipes are numerous all throughout Europe where the lowly beet is a common food staple.
A terrific combination of sweet and tangy flavours. This simple salad
recipe from my vegetable salad recipe collection is one of my
It is perfect to accompany nearly any barbecued meal.
Beet Apple Ingredients
• 3/4 lb (375 gr) beets
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) olive oil
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) red wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh dill
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• Pinch of granulated sugar
• Salt and pepper
• 2 McIntosh Apples, peeled and diced
• Belgian endive
• Dill sprigs (optional)
1. Cook the beets in a pot of boiling water until tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, peel and slice or dice.
2. In large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, dill, mustard, garlic, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the beets and apples and mix well to coat all ingredients.
4. On large serving plate or 4 individual salad plates; decoratively arrange the Belgian endive leaves. Place the beet salad mixture in the center and garnish with dill springs.
Yield: Serves 4
A delicious and colorful simple salad recipe that's quick and easy to make.
This vegetable salad recipe packs a punch so go lightly on the horseradish until you taste test this beet recipe.
Creamy Beet Ingredients
• 6 large beets, unpeeled
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh chives
• 2 tablespoons (30 ml) honey
• 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
• 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon (15 ml) creamed horseradish (or to taste)
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• Salt and pepper
1. In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the beets until tender. Drop them into cold water to cool them quickly. Drain and peel. Cut into 1-cm (1/2-inch) thick wedges. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients. Add the beets and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This simple beet salad recipe is a sweet and sour combo and makes a great companion to any meal.
This simple salad recipe can be really quickly prepared by using canned sliced beets (drained) and then you only need to prepare the dressing.
Beet au Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1. Peel the freshly cooked beets and cut them into thin slices into a large bowl.
2. Next, whisk the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. Taste and adjust the flavors to your liking. The beet is quite sweet so keep that in mind when adjusting the flavors of the vinaigrette dressing.
4. Pour the vinaigrette dressing over the sliced beets and toss gently.
5. Put in a covered dish and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.