This is the salad to make - Bean-Tomato Salad Recipe - when the fresh green bean and the field tomato comes into season
Nothing beats the taste of fresh, slightly crisp green beans combined with the robust flavour of a fresh field tomato.
The mildness of the mushrooms and cheese pair well with the beans and tomato. Top it off with a simple Basil Vinaigrette - UMMM - so good.
This simple salad recipe contains plenty of vitamins from the fresh vegetables and protein from the cheese. Niacin is also present in the form of the mushrooms.
Altogether - a healthy vegetable salad
recipe for a nutritious meal.
This salad was an Italian peasant meal, but served with some crusty bread, it is perfect for a summer lunch.
• 1 cup (240 ml) fresh green beans
• 4 tomatoes - cut into wedges
• 1 cup (240 ml) mushrooms - sliced OR 1 can drained (optional)
• 1 can corn kernels -drained
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) cheese - cubed (optional)
• 2 green onions - diced
• Romaine Lettuce - torn into bite sized pieces
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) salt
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) pepper
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh basil - chopped
1. Blanch fresh green beans in a pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain and immediately rinse them with cold water.
2. Traditionally this salad is arranged in circles on a large platter over a bed of romaine. The tomato wedges, mushrooms, beans, and cheese are alternated. Sprinkle with green onions.
3. Whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over the entire salad.
Yield: Serves 4
This salad can also be made throughout the year by using canned
green beans (well drained) or other varieties of beans, such as: kidney
bean, chick pea, or black bean.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.