This Basic Crepe Recipe is from my German Mother. We often had this fruit dessert recipe for breakfast on a weekend served with canned peaches. That is how versatile basic crepes are. They can be eaten anytime of day - not just for dessert.
I have often heard a crepe referred to as a German Pancake, and I didn't know what the difference was until I was older and actually had "pancakes". Then I knew that what my mother had been serving us was really a crepe, although she called them pancakes.
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup (240 ml) milk
• 2/3 cup (160 ml) all-purpose flour
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml) melted butter
• 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
• Pinch of cinnamon powder
1. Sift flour before measuring for recipe.
2. Combine the eggs, flour, milk, salt, butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a blender. Process until smooth - OR - hand whisk all of the above ingredients till smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
3. Using a non-stick skillet, brushed lightly with oil, heat til a drop of water sizzles. Pour 1/4 cup of the basic crepe batter into the hot pan, quickly tilting and rotating the pan to completely coat the surface of the pan. Cook about 2 minutes per side, turning the crepe only once, until lightly browned. (to turn - loosen around the edge with a spatula and then flip them over)
4. Remove the cooked crepe to a plate and keep warm. (I place a clean tea towel over them - a pot lid tends to hold the steam and dampens them)
5. Repeat with the remaining basic crepe batter. Layer the next crepes with sheets of parchment (wax) paper between them.
Recipe Yield: 8 – 10 basic crepes
1. If you have too many of these basic crepes, don’t worry, they freeze well and can be easily re-heated or eaten cold.
2. You can change the vanilla extract for other complimentary extracts depending on what type of dessert/fruit you plan to serve.
Now that you have the basic crepe recipe, you need to decide how to present them and what to fill them with, or serve them with.
Go to Crepe Fruit Dessert Recipes
Return to Crepe Fruit Recipes from Basic Crepe Recipe
Go to Simply Salads Home Page
Discount Gucci Handbags
2012 discount gucci sale here. All gucci handbags, gucci wallets and gucci belts are cheap! The discount gucci bags on sale are your best choice!
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.