This sweet 4 Bean Rice Salad Recipe is a great, easy and simple salad recipe for using up left-over rice. Just add some canned or left-over beans and mix with this sweet/sour dressing and you have a really healthy and nutritious side dish that will compliment any meal.
I served this simple bean and rice salad alongside a roast ham and beets. It took the place of potatoes and complimented the ham very nicely.
• 2 cups (500 ml) cooked white rice – cooled
• ½ red onion – sliced thin
• 1 can navy beans – drained & rinsed
• 1 can green beans – drained
• 1 can yellow beans – drained
• 1 can white beans or chick peas – drained & rinsed
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) Olive oil (or a good salad oil)
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) regular vinegar
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
• 1 small onion - minced
• 1 tsp (5 ml) Maggi
Tools & Equipment you will need:
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.